Sunday, February 6, 2011

SL Surf Association Valentin Intermezzo

Tonight I met MaryAnn Maa at the Archipelago (http://slurl.com/secondlife/Archipelago/202/126/22), who is the Second Life Surf Association (SLSA) Host. We talked about how the SLSA finances its surf beach and the Hall of Fame. Actual a valentine date auction is on and there are 7 more days left to bid on hot surf chicks and guys. I recommend to have a look and support the SLSA by bidding on a date. I myself did a last minute entry to it, will research Valentins day and its possibilities in Second Life and chill afterwards as a reward with my date. As well I hope it's someone creative, whom I could make a cowriter or photographer for the article about that event. ;-)



Nadja Revnik: What's the work of an SLSA host? You arn't one of the five directors?
MaryAnn Maa: No, I'm not in management at all, my job is to think up ways to earn the sim tiers for the Archipelago: Home of the Hall of Fame and some great surfing,
SLSA also has parties and  Awards ceremonys here. A Surfing Class too ;-)
/comment My last interview partner Abel Halderman is one of the surf teachers. And guess what...he's on the auction board as well.
Nadja Revnik: Did you get chosen by vote or took the job?
MaryAnn Maa: My wonderful friend Colleen Brennan suggested me for the job.
MaryAnn Maa: This is the second auction I have done for them...
/comment She means the SLSA, which she actually wanted to mention a bit more often then done Nadja Revnik: So you are the host for a certain time or since you will get old and grey ;-)?
/comment What for sure will never happen in SL. ;-P
MaryAnn Maa: Hummm, good question, ha ha.
MaryAnn Maa: If they ask me, I do it ..
Nadja Revnik: Are you the first SLSA host?
MaryAnn Maa: Officially maybe, in this fund raising position.
Nadja Revnik: So auctions are one part of fundraising. What else dod you do for that?
MaryAnn Maa: They have events to raise money.
MaryAnn Maa: I have thrown a few parties here, special occasions, dancing entertainers, some fun times.
MaryAnn Maa: I decorated the sim for a halloween ball.
Nadja Revnik: Ok, in general all entertaining things. ;-)
MaryAnn Maa: What ever they let me do or I can sneak in.
/comment We won't imagine what she thoughts of and wasn't allowed to do there already ;-)
Nadja Revnik: Heh.
MaryAnn Maa: lol
Nadja Revnik: When did the valentine auction start off. Wasn't it pretty early?
MaryAnn Maa: Yes, started very early, 3 weeks ago.
Nadja Revnik: And did you have to push the volunteers or did they do it by free will. ;-)
MaryAnn Maa: Bid's seems to come in, in bunches, slow that wham flooded.
MaryAnn Maa: I did a bit of begging, but we have such great people in the surfing community, so was not too hard getting people to offer themselves as a date.
Nadja Revnik: Astonishing more female than male people applied. You have any reason for that?
MaryAnn Maa: Not really sure, but I will say this: the women know how to bid , war's. lolol
MaryAnn Maa: The men are a bit shy!
/comment Wake up MEN! ;-)
Nadja Revnik: lol
MaryAnn Maa: Worried they wont get bid on.
MaryAnn Maa: And we have some very nice looking men and women on the boards.
Nadja Revnik: I see Milo Voss has the highest bid of all with 10.500 L$...wow....can you tell what makes him so expensive?
/comment That's more than double my rent.
MaryAnn Maa: He said he was buying calogne..............have not been close enough to give him a sniff.
Nadja Revnik: Heh.
MaryAnn Maa: We will have to ask the highest bidder that one, I better add ...
MaryAnn Maa: I think everyone would be a good sport about going out with winners. The dats is 2 hours long and should be PG rated, after the 2 hours, SLSA is not responsible.
Nadja Revnik: lol
MaryAnn Maa: We have 2 dogs up there........!  That says it all. lol
Nadja Revnik: ack i wont imagine
Nadja Revnik: Well i see in Milos profile his skills are kissing...might have attracted someone.
MaryAnn Maa: Pucker Power! Hummmmmm. Maybe that and the cologne.
Nadja Revnik: Did Juna change his picture to raise bids?
MaryAnn Maa: Who cares,  it's nice to look at...Omg dont write that! haha
/comment Sorry ;-) I thought it's good promotion ;_)
Nadja Revnik: Some totally unknown chicks on the board as well.
Nadja Revnik: Looseleaf resident for example....
MaryAnn Maa: The photos are very easy on the eyes, I tend to dillydally here after working.
Nadja Revnik: heh
MaryAnn Maa: Yes, all will have bids. We have some high bids and we hope everyone has a chance to bid within  their means.
MaryAnn Maa: I think we have 4 ladies and 1 man needing  bids. Not bad! And a week left.
http://slurl.com/secondlife/Archipelago/202/126/22
Nadja Revnik: And what about you? ;-) Did you already place a bid?
MaryAnn Maa: Yes i did......
MaryAnn Maa: I went for the puppy dog Surf Rang.
Nadja Revnik: Oh, I thought that was the skeleton you Bid on there. ;_)
Nadja Revnik: lol
MaryAnn Maa: Last auction he offered dumpster diving, this date chasing cats.
Nadja Revnik: Chasing cats sounds fun....thought about special ones?
MaryAnn Maa: The puppy in the picture, I think is eyeing the bones.  ;-)
MaryAnn Maa: Maybe a visit to Zooby and chase em all.
Nadja Revnik: Heh.
MaryAnn Maa: lol
Nadja Revnik: And do all dates have happen on SL monday exactly? How do people arrange with time zones?
MaryAnn Maa: No, bidder and date, I will notify each, then it is up to them to make the actual dating time.
Nadja Revnik: Ok, I'm very curious, what people will tell after their dates. ;-)
MaryAnn Maa: Auctions ends Sunday Feb 13th at noon SLT. I will notify everyone with in the next day or so.
MaryAnn Maa: I did remember to mention SLSA?  haha
Nadja Revnik: Heh. Now you did ;-)

So what are you waiting for........your next tp stop should be:
http://slurl.com/secondlife/Archipelago/202/126/22

No comments:

Post a Comment